Buy Kitchen Undermount Sinks Online
Welcome to our collection of kitchen undermount sinks, where functionality meets sophistication.
Designed to seamlessly fit into your kitchen worktop, undermount sinks provide a clean, modern aesthetic and are the perfect solution for the minimalist kitchen.
With our range, you can enjoy the generous workspace, the ease of cleaning, and the superior durability that our undermount sinks offer.
Whether you're updating your current kitchen or starting from scratch, our undermount sinks will add a touch of elegance and practicality to your space.
Explore our range and discover the perfect undermount sink for your kitchen today.
What Are Undermount Sinks?
Undermount sinks, as their name suggests, are sinks that are mounted under the countertop.
Unlike traditional top-mounted sinks, which are dropped into a pre-cut hole in the countertop and supported by its rim, undermount sinks are installed directly beneath the counter.
This creates a seamless flow from countertop to sink, with no exposed sink lip, resulting in a sleek, modern aesthetic that many homeowners and designers appreciate.
Apart from their contemporary appeal, undermount sinks also offer practical benefits.
They make cleaning easier, as crumbs and other debris can be swept directly from the counter into the sink, with no rim to catch and accumulate particles.
The absence of an exposed rim also gives undermount sinks a slightly larger basin area than comparable top-mounted models, which can be a valuable feature in small kitchens.
What Are the Advantages of Undermount Sinks for Kitchens?
The undermount sink comes with some great advantages you wouldn’t get with another sink.
Here are just 5.
- Seamless Look: Undermount sinks offer a clean and seamless look. Because they're installed under the countertop, there's a smooth transition from the counter to the sink, creating a sleek and modern aesthetic.
- Easy Clean-Up: One of the significant advantages of undermount sinks is that they make clean-up easier. You can sweep crumbs and other debris straight into the sink without anything getting caught on the lip of the sink, as it might with a top-mount (drop-in) sink.
- Space Saving: While the actual basin might take up the same amount of space, the lack of a rim with an undermount sink can make the area feel more open and uncluttered.
- Versatile: Undermount sinks are compatible with solid surface and stone countertops, which offer a wealth of design options. They can be paired with any style of tap and can come in various materials, including stainless steel, porcelain, and granite composite.
- Distinctive: The undermount sink offers a very distinctive and eye pleasing finish that will enhance your kitchen design.
What is the Difference Between an Undermount and an Inset Kitchen Sink?
Undermount and inset (or drop-in) kitchen sinks represent two distinct styles of sink installation, each with its own set of benefits and aesthetics.
- Undermount Sinks: As explained earlier, undermount sinks are installed directly under the countertop. The edge of the countertop overhangs the sink, hiding it from view when you're looking directly down. This creates a seamless and sleek look that is often associated with modern or minimalist kitchen designs. It also allows for easy cleanup, as debris can be wiped directly into the sink without getting caught on a lip. However, it’s important to note that undermount sinks can only be fitted with worktops like stone or quartz, and are not ideal with laminate or tile countertops.
- Inset (Drop-In) Sinks: On the other hand, inset sinks, also known as drop-in sinks or top-mount sinks, are installed from above the countertop. They have a rim that sits on top of the counter, making them compatible with all types of countertop materials, including laminate and tile. Installation is generally easier and less expensive than undermount sinks. The visible edge of the sink can be seen sitting above the countertop, which might not give as sleek a look as an undermount sink, but it can add a traditional or classic touch to your kitchen.
Choosing between an undermount and an inset sink will depend on your aesthetic preferences, your budget, and the type of countertop you have or plan to install.
How Much Do Undermount Sinks Cost?
Depending on the design you want prices do vary, for example:
The 1810 Belfast sink which is a very popular sink costs £559.91.
Whereas the ZEN15 XXL Range is a combi sink which comprises of a large and small sink which offers you more with a slight increase in price, costing just £690.58.
Both these sinks are stainless steel.
However, if you’d rather have a nice contemporary and classic finish, then we’d recommend the beautiful undermount fireclay sink.
These sinks range from £181 to £370 which is an absolute bargain.
Can You Deliver Anywhere in the UK?
Yes, we can deliver your undermount kitchen sink anywhere in the UK.
If you need to know the time and cost of delivery, please feel free to contact us on the details below.
What is the Best Way to Find Out More?
The best thing to do is to get in touch so we can understand exactly what you need and then give you a price that matches your requirements and your budget.